Think New Grant
The Think New Grant aims to support students who want to create a better future. Funded by Education New Zealand the grant is for $5,000 to go toward a student project.
Applications close 20 March 2019. Apply now.
In New Zealand we believe that in order to create a better future, we need new ideas, new solutions, and new ways of thinking.
We know we have amazing international students here in New Zealand working on incredible things, from creative arts to environmental studies. Now we want to learn about you, your project, and how you’re working to make things better.
The Think New Grant is our way of celebrating you and helping you meet your goals.
How to apply
- Create a 2 minute video telling us about yourself and your idea, research or project. In the video, explain how your New Zealand education has enabled you to Think New and develop a vision or passion for your idea, research, project. Tell us about the people in your life that have influenced or contributed to your idea, research or project (family, classmates, tutors, lecturers, supervisors, employers). Finally, describe how the $5000 grant would assist you in your project.
- Upload your video in your online application.
Eligibility and selection criteria
- You must be at least 16 years old to be eligible for the grant
- You must be currently enrolled at a New Zealand education provider
- You must be an international student (in New Zealand on a student visa)
- If you are under 18 years of age, your application must be supported by a guardian or teacher
- You must be working on an established research or study project that this grant could support
- Applications open 1 March 2019 and close 11.59pm 20 March 2019
- See all terms and conditions