20 December 2017
Summer safety messages
New Zealand Civil Defence is launching a summer campaign to spread awareness of natural events, offering a suite of resources including factsheets in 23 languages to be shared in schools and non-English speaking communities.
Following the 2016 Kaikoura earthquake, tsunami and aftershocks, Civil Defence began a nationwide safety advertising campaign to ensure people know the warning signs and life-saving actions to take.
The campaign will be reinstated again this summer, from 17 December to 13 January, and includes a number of resources to be used across digital and social media to support the television, radio and video on-demand ads.
What can you do?
- Encourage your school to include tsunami planning in its emergency plans when it returns in February
- Share tsunami zone maps on your website and social media
- Use social media posts, posters, web buttons and banners, digital ads, videos online and in your publications
- Share translated resources with non-English speaking communities
- Share other resources with staff, stakeholders and members of the public.
- Factsheets in 23 languages
- Print advertisements
- Digital banners
- Radio advertisements
- Tsunami 101 posters and social media posts
And lots more, available at www.civildefence.govt.nz/get-tsunami-ready
Update from Immigration New Zealand
A brief update as part of ENZ’s joint work programme with Immigration New Zealand.