The Strategic Roadmaps were developed in 2014 by New Zealand's international education industry to guide its future growth and success towards 2025.
The six sector specific roadmaps and one overarching industry roadmap reflect the culmination of nine months of industry effort to map out the ‘strategic choices’ and ‘specific actions’ which have been identified by each sector as key enablers of their future success.
The roadmaps themselves were produced through a consultative industry-led process involving an extensive series of sector workshops, innovation cafes, and in-depth interviews with a large number of industry participants and experts.
ENZ was pleased to have been able to work with each sector to both prioritise the most important strategic choices for each sector and to support the implementation of a number of key strategic actions.
In 2015 ENZ held a number of roadmap ‘pit stop’ workshops in Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin to provide the opportunity to review the progress that has been made since 2014 towards industry’s international education goals and to re-prioritise future actions to sustain ongoing success. A progress update report was developed to summarise the progress that had been made. You can download a copy of the 2015 Progress Update here.
The roadmaps contain a number of 'strategic choices' and 'specific actions' which have been identified as key enablers of future success.
Download a copy of your sector's strategic roadmap below.
- University sector
- PTE sector
- School sector
- ITP sector
- English language sector
- Educational services and products sector
- International Education Industry Roadmap
Where to from here?
A roadmaps analogy was used throughout this process because it was always going to be about the journey as well as the destination. Education New Zealand will continue to support industry to in their international education journey by:
- Working with providers, peak bodies, sector groups, regional bodies and other key stakeholders to widely communicate the sector and industry roadmaps.
- Working with each sector to develop a joint work plan that will identify what the highest priority projects are and who (industry, ENZ, or jointly) will lead them.
- Working with each sector to develop the detail of how each priority sector-focused project will be approached, what costs and benefits can be delivered, and when it can be delivered.
- Facilitating the establishment of a cross-sector project steering group to lead a collaborative approach to high priority roadmap projects that require a multi-sector or pan-industry approach.
- Working alongside each sector and the cross-sector project steering group to support the implementation of the agreed high priority roadmap projects for future years.
If you have any questions or feedback please email firstname.lastname@example.org
896 KB PDF
1.5 MB PDF
2 MB PDF
2.7 MB PDF
819 KB PDF
971 KB PDF
1.1 MB PDF
1.2 MB PDF